Monday, February 27, 2012

Little Bullies - Monday Mom Posts

Here it is, very close to midnight, and I wasn't sure what to write about today. I'm really trying to stay on track, but with midwife appointments and kids' schedules, things don't always go according to plan.

As you can tell, most of my posts are short, sweet, to the point. I don't drag on whining about something for paragraphs on end. This one will be the same.

I live on a street I swear should be on reality TV. Some of the women here are life-size Barbies. Drives me nuts! There's one on the street who I thought was going to be more normal when she moved in, but she turned out to be as much as a drama queen and witch as the rest of them.

Her son is 4 years old and one of the biggest bullies I have ever met. My kids aren't allowed to go near their house or their kids. One of the neighbors on the street that is a nice person has a little boy the same age and he wants so badly to play with another little boy. But, this little boy (we'll call him Little Bully) is horrible to him. He's hit him, bit him, called him names, told him to shut up and so on.

One time, Little Bully hit Nice Kid and Nice Kid told Little Bully's mom. Little Bully's mom told them to "fight it out". Another adult neighbor overheard this. She was mortified and got Nice Kid inside.

Just this past weekend, another nice neighbor had to ban this kid from her yard because he hit her 5-year-old daughter and told her to "shut up".

What are these parents thinking? Why in the world would you think it's okay for 4 and 5 year olds to "fight it out"? Why would you teach your child that?

If my child ever acted that way, I would put a stop to it immediately! And believe me, if something happens to my child because of this one, I won't hesitate to press charges or whatever is necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment