Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Life, Money, and Planes

My husband and I were talking about the economy today and wondering if we're so in debt why are we continuing to help other countries. Not that I'm opposed to helping, but shouldn't we be getting our country back on its feet first?

I think of it like when you get on a plane and the flight attendant tells you if the cabin loses pressure and the little oxygen masks come down to put it on yourself first and then help those around you. As a mother, I always shuddered thinking of making my babies wait to breathe, but it does make sense. If I can't help them, who will? But if I put it on myself first, then I can help all those around me.

Why doesn't our government do this? Feed our starving kids before those kids in other countries? Protect our country and our borders instead of being at war in other countries?

No comments:

Post a Comment