Monday, May 13, 2013

Monday Mom Post - Diapers That Tweet

Have you heard about these yet? Diapers that tweet!! Well...to be fair...it's not actually the diaper, but something Huggies developed called a TweetPee. A bird that clips to the diaper and alerts Mom, Dad, Grandma, or the nanny that the child is wet. How does it alert you? You guessed it! It sends you a tweet! To an app you download. Not only does this app monitor diaper moisture, but also inventory and keeps count of the average amount of diapers the baby uses.

Seriously? Seriously? Have we gotten so lazy that we can't get off our butts and check our babies ourselves? That smell didn't let you know? The sagging pants? We need a message to pop up on our phone or tablet saying "HEY YOU!!!! YEAH YOU!!!! Go change your kid!!!!!" Seriously? What is wrong with people?

I'm a normal person. Just as lazy as the next. But when my kids are in diapers, I check them every couple hours. If I smell something, guess what?? I even change them before those two hours are up! I don't need something to chirp at me and tell me my kid is wet. And does it only work on pee? How many pees? Just one? What if the pee is further down? What about poop? Does it tweet if the kid poops? Not to mention about having an electronic device "down there". What happens if these things actually catch on and in 20-30 years all these men are infertile or getting penile cancer? All just because Mom, Dad, Grandma, or the nanny was too lazy to get up and physically check baby's diaper.

Shaking my head.

The TweetPee is being tested in Brazil, so it's not being sold yet. Let's hope it stays that way.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-205_162-57583756/huggies-tweetpee-device-sends-tweet-when-baby-wets-diaper/

No comments:

Post a Comment